If you’re planning a trip to Disneyland with your kids, you’ll want to make the most of your time there and see all the best attractions. But with so much to see and do, it can be overwhelming to know where to start. Luckily, we’ve put together a guide of the “must-see” attractions at Disneyland that will keep your kids entertained and create unforgettable memories for your family. Don’t miss out on these top picks!
Why Is Disneyland a Popular Destination for Kids?
Disneyland is a popular destination for kids because of its enchanting atmosphere, beloved characters, and thrilling rides. The park offers a unique and magical experience where children can immerse themselves in their favorite Disney stories. From meeting princesses to exploring fantasy worlds, Disneyland creates cherished memories for kids and their families.
Disneyland first opened its doors on July 17, 1955, as the very first Disney theme park. Since then, it has continued to captivate kids with its enchanting attractions and captivating entertainment, making it a beloved destination for families.
What Are the Must-See Attractions for Kids at Disneyland?
Disneyland is a magical place that offers endless entertainment for kids of all ages. With so many attractions to choose from, it can be overwhelming to decide where to start. In this section, we will highlight the must-see attractions for kids at Disneyland, divided into different themed lands. From classic fairytales in Fantasyland to galactic adventures in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, there is something for every child to enjoy at the happiest place on earth. Let’s take a closer look at the can’t-miss experiences in each land.
Fantasyland at Disneyland offers a magical experience for kids with enchanting attractions and activities.
- Explore classic rides like Peter Pan’s Flight and It’s a Small World.
- Meet beloved Disney characters such as Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty.
- Enjoy whimsical storytelling at the Royal Theatre.
Pro-tip: Arrive early to beat the crowds and make the most of your time at Fantasyland.
Adventureland at Disneyland offers exciting attractions for kids, including the Jungle Cruise, Tarzan’s Treehouse, and Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room. These immersive experiences take children on thrilling adventures while exploring exotic settings and encountering beloved Disney characters.
Fun Fact: Adventureland was one of the original themed lands at Disneyland when it opened in 1955, showcasing the spirit of adventure and exploration.
- Explore the futuristic world of Tomorrowland, featuring exciting attractions such as Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters, and Star Tours.
- Interact with beloved characters like Buzz Lightyear, and experience thrilling rides like Hyperspace Mountain.
- Engage in immersive experiences like Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple.
Tomorrowland was designed as a futuristic area, showcasing the technology and innovation of tomorrow. It aimed to inspire and ignite imagination about the possibilities of the future.
4. Critter Country
Critter Country at Disneyland offers a variety of attractions, including The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh and Splash Mountain. This charming area fully immerses children in the magical world of classic Disney characters and stories. With its picturesque settings and rides that are suitable for the whole family, Critter Country guarantees a memorable experience for young visitors.
5. New Orleans Square
- Explore iconic attractions like the Haunted Mansion, a spooky yet kid-friendly experience
- Visit the Pirates of the Caribbean ride for a thrilling boat journey through a pirate-infested waterscape
- Delight in the classic Disney dining experience at the Blue Bayou Restaurant
- Enjoy live jazz performances while strolling through the enchanting streets of New Orleans Square
Pro-tip: Don’t miss the chance to try the delectable beignets at the Mint Julep Bar!
6. Mickey’s Toontown
- Explore Mickey’s Toontown, a whimsical land where classic Disney characters come to life.
- Visit Mickey’s and Minnie’s houses to meet the iconic characters and take photos.
- Step into the Gag Factory for quirky souvenirs and gadgets.
- Enjoy interactive play areas at Goofy’s Playhouse and Donald’s Boat.
- Experience Roger Rabbit’s Car Toon Spin, an entertaining ride through Mickey’s Toontown.
7. Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge
- Explore the immersive experience of 7. Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge with its themed attractions, dining, and shopping.
- Engage in a lightsaber-building experience at Savi’s Workshop.
- Indulge in galactic treats like Blue Milk and Ronto Wraps at the various food stalls.
- Shop for unique merchandise at the various stores, including custom droids at the Droid Depot.
8. Pixar Pier
- Explore the Incredicoaster for thrilling rides and spectacular views of Pixar Pier.
- Visit the Lamplight Lounge for delicious dining with a Pixar-themed atmosphere.
- Enjoy the whimsical Ferris wheel, Pixar Pal-A-Round, featuring characters from Pixar films.
- Meet your favorite characters from films like Toy Story and Inside Out at Pixar Pier.
Are There Any Height Restrictions for These Attractions?
For many attractions at Disneyland, there are height restrictions in place to ensure the safety of young visitors. Rides such as Space Mountain and Splash Mountain have specific height requirements, typically over 40 inches. For younger kids, attractions like Dumbo the Flying Elephant and It’s a Small World have no height restrictions, making them suitable for all ages.
When planning your visit to Disneyland, it’s essential to check if there are any height restrictions for these attractions to ensure that your kids can fully enjoy the park without any disappointments.
What Are Some Tips for Visiting Disneyland with Kids?
A trip to Disneyland with kids can be a magical and unforgettable experience. But with so much to see and do, it can also be overwhelming, especially if you’re a first-time visitor. Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered with some tips to make the most out of your day at the happiest place on earth. From planning ahead to meeting your favorite characters, we’ll guide you through the must-do activities to ensure a fun and stress-free trip for the whole family. So let’s get started!
1. Plan Your Day Ahead
In 1955, Disneyland opened its doors as the first-ever Disney theme park, captivating visitors with its magical ambiance and innovative attractions. Walt Disney’s vision transformed the entertainment industry, creating a beloved destination for families worldwide.
- Check the park hours and schedule of events to effectively plan your day.
- Make a list of the attractions and activities you want to prioritize.
- Consider booking dining reservations in advance to save time.
- Arrive early to make the most of the day and avoid long lines.
- Download the Disneyland app for real-time updates and attraction wait times.
2. Take Advantage of FastPasses
- Arrive Early: Secure FastPasses for popular attractions like Space Mountain, avoiding long wait times.
- Strategic Selection: Choose FastPasses for rides with extended queues, maximizing your time in the park.
- Time Management: Keep track of FastPass return times, ensuring you make the most of each reservation.
- Alternate Choices: Utilize the Disneyland app to monitor and secure additional FastPasses after using your initial selections.
My family and I visited Disneyland last summer. By taking advantage of the FastPass system, we were able to minimize wait times and enjoy all of our favorite rides without any hassle. It truly made our trip memorable!
3. Bring Snacks and Water
- Don’t forget to pack a variety of snacks such as granola bars, fresh fruits, and nuts to keep your energy levels up during your trip to Disneyland.
- Stay hydrated throughout the day by bringing refillable water bottles with you.
4. Take Breaks and Pace Yourself
- Plan regular breaks during your visit to Disneyland to avoid fatigue and make the most of the experience.
- Utilize slower rides or indoor attractions to rest and recharge.
- Stay hydrated and have snacks to keep energy levels up.
- Find shaded areas or air-conditioned spots for a cool and comfortable break.
- Designate specific times for rest to ensure everyone remains energized throughout the day.
Pro-tip: Taking breaks not only helps maintain energy but also allows you to appreciate the magical details and ambiance of Disneyland.
5. Meet and Greet with Characters
- Check the park schedule for designated times and locations to meet and greet with characters.
- Arrive early to have the opportunity to meet popular characters with shorter queues.
- Be prepared with items such as a pen and autograph book or a camera for autographs and photos.
- Respect the personal space of the characters and follow any guidelines provided by the cast members.
- Engage in interactions and conversations with the characters to create a memorable experience.
6. Watch the Parades and Fireworks
- Check the parade and fireworks schedule online or at the park.
- Find a spot along the parade route or in front of the castle for the best views.
- Arrive early to secure a prime viewing location.
- Consider taking breaks earlier in the day to save energy for the evening entertainment.
- Bring along snacks and drinks to enjoy during the show.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are some must-see attractions for kids at Disneyland?
Disneyland offers a variety of attractions for kids, but some must-see options include It’s a Small World, Dumbo the Flying Elephant, and Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters.
Are there any shows or parades that kids shouldn’t miss at Disneyland?
Absolutely! Kids will love the daily parade, Mickey’s Soundsational Parade, as well as the nighttime spectacular, Fantasmic! Other popular shows include Frozen – Live at the Hyperion and Disney Junior Dance Party.
Are there any character meet and greets that kids will love?
Kids will have a blast meeting their favorite Disney characters at Disneyland! Popular meet and greet locations include Princess Fantasy Faire, Cars Land, and Toontown.
What are some thrill rides that are suitable for kids at Disneyland?
While Disneyland offers many thrilling rides, some are suitable for kids, such as Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Space Mountain, and the Incredicoaster. These rides have height restrictions, so be sure to check before getting in line.
Are there any attractions at Disneyland that require FastPass?
Yes, some popular attractions at Disneyland require FastPass, including Space Mountain, Indiana Jones Adventure, and Haunted Mansion. FastPass allows you to skip the regular line and save time waiting in queues.
How can I make the most of my time at Disneyland with kids?
To make the most of your time at Disneyland with kids, it’s essential to plan ahead. Download the Disneyland app for wait times and show schedules, use FastPass, and take advantage of rider switch for rides with height restrictions. Also, be sure to take breaks and stay hydrated throughout the day.
- Disneyland Park
- 18 Best Disneyland Rides for Toddlers & Preschoolers in 2023
- How to get the most out of Disneyland with toddlers and little kids
- 25 Disneyland Rides That You Need to Go On, Ranked
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
- Matterhorn Bobsleds
- Space Mountain
- Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough
- Adventure City